In the heart of Italy, Umbria is the land of food and wine tastings, the territory of the most interesting and tasty typical products, the ideal destination if you’d like to try traditional dishes, bottles of wine produced methodically and with passion, and cheeses and cured meats made according to age-old recipes, if you like the taste of truffles and want to delight your palate with foods that are simple yet rich in taste and pleasure.
With 71% of its land composed of hillside (the remaining 29% is made up of mountains) and with vineyards covering 13,000 hectares, Umbria is home to some of Italy’s best wines, such as Grechetto, Sagrantino di Montefalco (grown on native vines) and Torgiano whites and reds. You can choose your own food and wine tour, going into cellars to taste specific wines, or you can ask us to organise one or more tastings of wine, olive oil and traditional recipes: we’re happy to plan a day for you in search of delicious foods and wines and beautiful sights, even if you’d like to include a chef or sommelier.
Olive oil is our second language. We know the plants so well on our hectares of olive groves that we could give each one a name. We cultivate them with attention, pruning the branches at the right time, protecting the leaves in summer, fertilising and checking them before they bear new fruit. Love and knowledge are the two tools we use each year to harvest our olives and make our extra virgin olive oil, a unique product. If you want, we can taste our oil together, either by simply adding a few drops to a slice of bread together with a pinch of salt, or by sitting down for a true tasting that brings out the oil’s full characteristics.
Contact us and give us advance notice of the tastings that you’d like to do at our agritourism. Wine, olive oil and cheeses tastings… it will be a true pleasure for us to plan a leg of your holiday of the senses!